52nd Venice Biennale, Slovenian Pavilion, San Servolo, Venice
10 June – 21 November 2007
This cinema space built on San Servolo island near Venice was based on a simple idea: to return The Paradise – architect John Eberson’s last grand, escapist cinema theater design to its roots. Completed in the Bronx in 1929 and originally called The Venetian, this eclectic theater was outfitted with artificial fountains and a sky, complete with stars projected onto its ceiling.
Courtesy of Galerija Gregor Podnar, Berlin; photography by Michele Lamanna.